Two factor authentication is great – I wish everything would use it. My personal 2FA (specifically TOTP) mobile app is Google Authenticator. It allows you to scan a barcode, or manually enter a 2FA initilization token, and gives you a nice display of all of your stored 2FA tokens, with a great countdown of the token’s expiration. However, it does have one critical
flaw feature: You can’t export your accounts.
Let me re-state that: Your 2FA tokens are locked away in your mobile device. Without the device, you’re locked out of your accounts (Hopefully you created backup codes). If your device becomes inoperable, good luck!
However, if you have root access to your device, you can grab the Google Authenticator database and stow it away for safe keeping by grabbing it from the following location on your phone:
If you have ADB enabled, you can just run the following command:
adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.apps.authenticator2
Keep this information very secure, as it can be used to generate 2FA codes for all of your accounts!
Re-post of http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3049772
- Get LG Drivers Here: http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-D850-Blue-Steel#software
- Download LG Root
- Use ADB Shell to copy the files to the temp directory on the phone
adb.exe push busybox /data/local/t<span id="searchBubble" class="searchBubble"></span>mp/ && adb.exe push lg_root.sh /data/local/tmp && adb.exe push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp
- Reboot into Download mode
- Use ports.bat to determine the DIAG port of the phone (Mine was COM 4)
- Use SendCommand.exe to get a shell within download mode
- Run the shell command to root the phone from download mode
sh /data/local/tmp/lg_root.sh dummy 1 /data/local/tmp/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/busybox
- Reboot the phone
- To allow apps to write to external (http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/163/12/android-sd-card-content-cant-be-addedediteddeleted): Edit /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml
<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
<group gid="media_rw" />
- Reboot the phone